If you are thinking about selling your house in the future, the following 6 items top my list to focus on first.
- Clean and paint basement walls and floor – make them shine so you want to eat off of the basement floor. Imagine that ! Especially if the laundry is in the basement and any areas are unfinished.
- Remove unused items from closets to make them appear large and show off their size.
- First impressions inside and outside are very important. How is the entry threshhold? The storm door? The coat closet? The front door? All fresh and painted?
- Neutral colors are best. French Grey by Sherwin Williams is very popular these days.
- Depersonalize and remove your family photos. People need to imagine themselves living in the house and that is easier to do if they aren’t curiously trying to figure out where that picture was taken and whether or not they know you. Especially if you are selling a house in St. Small/St. Paul.
- The “Rule of 3” : Only 3 things max on any flat surface ! Very little on kitchen counters.
If you want to know what your house’s value is, just fill out the form found on my website here: https://alterhometeam.com/what-is-my-home-worth/
Be sure to include your email address and any pertinent information about the condition of kitchens and bathrooms especially, and any below ground finished square feet, and any other recent improvements in the last five years. I look forward to assisting you !